- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (2006 No. 3289) (WEEE) is a new UK legislation designed to address the environmental impact of waste electrical and electronic equipment
- The regulations have been put in place to ensure that products are recycled using best available treatment, recovery and recycling techniques to ensure human health and high environmental protection
- Both Yarm Computers Ltd and you the customer can assist in recycling waste electrical and electronic equipment
- We cannot recycle it unless you return it, so you the customer have an important role to play in helping us to recycle
- Yarm Computers Ltd will undertake their responsibility as both a Producer and a Distributor to dispose of these goods in line with European legislation
If the symbol shown on the right is found on any of your goods, it means that
Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste.
How do I recycle my old products?
- You can return waste electrical equipment to Yarm Computers Ltd when you are purchasing a new product from us under our distributor obligations*
- When you have finished with a WEEE product, please do not put in your domestic waste bin, as it will not be recycled!
- Please contact us at email@example.com to arrange a convenient time for you to deliver the old item back to us (at your cost)
- Please give details of the Pick-up address and convenient times for collection (For a Fee)
- Please quote your Techbox.co.uk product order number and describe the item that is to be recycled.
- We will then deal with the waste product in an environmentally responsible manner, at no cost to you, a certificate will be issued as proof of disposal.
The RoHS Directive, also known as EU Directive 2002/95/EG, came into affect on July 1st, 2006.
The RoHS directive mandates that electrical and electronic products put into the European market within EU states shall contain restrictive levels of the following substances:
- Lead (Pb)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr6+)
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE)
*Product has to be of like for like (e.g. a laptop for a laptop, not a TV for a laptop).